"No one said it would be easy, they said it would be worth it !"

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Time, it's our greatest enemy.

"Time flies. Time waits for no man. Time heals all wounds. All any of us wants is more time. Time to stand up. Time to grow up. Time to let go. Time."

I never realised how true the saying "time flies when we are having fun" really is until now.
When I look back to this date 9 months ago, I see myself so naive. I did not know what was waiting for me, I did not know what to expect. One year seemed long, at times I would think that it's maybe even too long, now, I've realised that one year just simply isn't enough.
I am now living in my final host family, Les Buffenoirs. I never thought it would be possible to become so attatched to a family that is not my own the way I did with The Merceron family. It was difficult to say goodbye even when I knew that I will be able to visit whenever I want. My new family is again very different to the last two french families I have lived with, and I am really enjoying it. Here I have a host mum- Carole, a host dad- Marc, a host sister- Cecilia (14), and a step host sister- Mary-Kate (20). Mary-Kate comes from Chicago, USA and she arrived in France at the start of the month. The Buffenoir's have been welcoming students like her for 10 years now, she attends a university in Angers. I am still living a 5 minute walk away from school which is awesome.
Getting back to school and a routine took a lot of effort. Someone said to me that when I had summer holidays here it was like being on holiday whilst on holiday which was kind of true before summer but now I wouldn't really agree. Over the summer I improved so much with my french and I no longer have the excuse of "I don't understand I am not French." So it's back to the books for me even if it's not really that serious. A few people in class have noted my improvement in sayin that I speak much faster now, and my personal favourite being that I am fluent in french. My favourite lesson is philosophy I find it so interesting and the teacher is really cool. I am finding the days pass much faster when I actually can understand everything that is going on and take notes !

Everything is going great, I'm still having the time of my life, I still learn new things every day. My only problem is, time itself, which goes by so incredibly fast.
Time allows me 3 months and 3 weeks to profit to the maximum, to embrace the culture, to live my dream. And I will be doing exactly that !



Family Photo- Marc, Carole, Cecilia, Mary et moi

2 comments:

  1. cute family photo! i love it! sounds amazing i miss you and cant wait to hear you speak french when your back =)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great blog Laura. I understand what you mean about time...it goes by so fast. Love you more than you know. xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete